Artwork File Preferences
File Formats that speed things up:
- Vector format files are the best for us. These are often saved as AI, EPS, or PDF file formats.
- These types of files allow us to edit and manipulate to best fit a wide variety of products and print methods, and are typically high resolution, which will only help to ensure your product is printed cleanly and clearly.
- If you do not have a Vector version of your art work, that doesn’t mean you’re stuck. We just ask that you send us what you do have, and then we can see if we can work with it, or potentially price out an option to have your art or logo redrawn using one of our talented graphic artists. Don’t be shy to ask. We will give you the vector version afterwards, and you can use it for any print, or promotional options in the future.
Colours and Art Files when Printing:
- Most of our products are either printed in solid colours, or printed digitally using some high tech printers.
- Anything that is printed digitally, is now printed in what we call 4CP, or Four Colour Process. Also referred to as CMYK. This stands for Cyan, Magenta, Black, and Yellow. These four colours can typically be used to create near equivalents of all colours.
- If the item is a Solid Colour print (ie. Screen Printed), we use a colour system known as Pantone, or PMS. These are listed as numbers that you can tell us (often with a C, or U at the end of the number), and then we can refer to a chart on our end and know which colour you had in mind for print.
- Important Note – if you need a specific colour match, you need to let us know ahead of time. Certain products may not have this option available, but we will always try our best to get as close as we can or let you know if we cannot. Sometimes, there may be a fee for “Colour Matching” if we do not have that specific ink, or we aren’t certain we can mix it accordingly and we will order the ink in.
- If you are ever worried about the print colour, please ensure you have a very open and honest discussion with one of our knowledgeable reps who can go over all of your options to put your mind at ease prior to printing.